We are excited to announce the successful completion of the Staff Exchanges for the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (ULPGC) under the EXPER project, a significant milestone in our ongoing efforts to foster international cooperation and knowledge sharing among institutions.
From September 12th to the 13th, a delegation from ULPGC was received by the Research, Innovation, and Social Impact Area for the acquisition of University of Calabria (UNICAL) good practices on technological transfer (TechNest incubator, Start Cup Calabria, UnicaLAB) and university research management (HRS4R, Public Engagement, Scientific Communication).
The primary objective of this exchange was to facilitate the exchange of valuable insights and expertise among these leading institutions. During this period, ULPGC had the unique opportunity to learn from UNICAL in several key areas, including:
- Creation of Innovative Businesses: ULPGC gained valuable insights into fostering entrepreneurial initiatives, leveraging UNICAL’s experience in this field.
- Interdisciplinarity in Universities: Exploring methods to promote interdisciplinary collaboration within academic institutions, fostering a more holistic approach to education and research.
- Improving Internal Communication: ULPGC delved into strategies and practices to enhance internal communication for a more efficient and connected university community.
- Implementation and Execution of HRS4R: The exchange allowed ULPGC to learn from UNICAL’s successful strategies and tactics for implementing the Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R).
- Intellectual Property Management: ULPGC gained a deeper understanding of managing and protecting intellectual property within an academic setting, a crucial aspect of modern research and innovation.
- Exchange of Best Practices: Both ULPGC and UNICAL shared and adopted best practices that have proven successful in their respective institutions.
These topics were carefully selected to align with the core pillars of the EXPER Project: talent retention, excellence in research, and knowledge transfer.
The Staff Exchange activities under EXPER aim to provide ULPGC and the University of the Azores with valuable training, education, and learning from the successful practices and activities carried out at UNICAL and the University of Rostock. The goal is to adapt and implement these models at UAc and ULPGC, further enhancing their academic environments.
These exchanges not only contribute to the professional growth of the participants but also promote international cooperation, strengthening the bonds between these institutions with particular attention to research fields that face the challenges and opportunities offered by the blue economy and the circular economy.