The European SME week
The European SME week is a pan-European campaign that aims to promote entrepreneurship in Europe. It helps existing entrepreneurs find information on available support and tries to encourage more people to set up their own businesses. Coordinated by the European Commission, this campaign consists of events throughout the whole year. The main event of the European SME week is organised every autumn together with the SME Assembly and the European enterprise promotion awards ceremony.
Main objectives of the SME week
- to inform entrepreneurs about support available at EU, national, regional, and local level
- to encourage more people to become entrepreneurs
Who can get involved?
- existing and potential entrepreneurs
- young people
- business organisations and business support providers
- public authorities, educational institutions
How does it work?
The European SME Week gives a chance to organisations providing business support services to promote them to entrepreneurs in Europe. Organisations can benefit from the branding and the promotion of their events through a central website located on the Europa website.
Events will be held across the 37 participating countries with a majority of European and international events taking place in Brussels.
More info here