European Week of Regions and Cities
What is it?
The European Week of Regions and Cities (#EURegionsWeek) is the biggest annual Brussels-based event dedicated to cohesion policy.
It has grown to become a neutral platform to discuss common challenges for Europe’s regions and cities by bringing together a diverse community of speakers and participants.
In 2022 reached a record number of almost 20.000 participants, 272 sessions and 528 partners.
What is the purpose of the EURegionsWeek?
- To discuss common challenges for Europe’s regions and cities and examine possible solutions by bringing together politicians, decision-makers, experts and practitioners of cohesion policy, as well as stakeholders from business, banking, civil society organisations, academia, the EU institutions and the media
- To provide a platform for capacity-building, learning and exchange of experience and good practice for those implementing EU cohesion policy and managing its financial instruments
- To facilitate cooperation and networking between regions and cities
- To feed into the debate on EU cohesion policy in a wider context, including recent research and views from third countries and international organisations
Who can participate?
The European Week of Regions and Cities and its events are aimed at:
- European, national, regional and local government officials and experts in the field of managing and evaluating cohesion policy programmes;
- Representatives of private companies, financial institutions, European and national associations
- Members of the European Committee of the Regions and the European Parliament, national, regional and local politicians, including young elected politicians (YEPs)
- Academics, researchers, postgraduate students and practitioners in the field of European cohesion policy
- Members of the public who want to express their views and contribute to the debate on the future of Europe and their regions and cities
- Journalists from European, national, regional and local media
Who can become event partner?
The Guide for partners 2023 is available on the Partner’s page
More info available here